Matterhorn Biosciences is looking for a Scientist in Molecular Immunology.
Matterhorn Biosciences is a preclinical stage biotechnology company pioneering the discovery and development of novel T cell therapy for cancer treatment. We are an exciting, motivated group of scientists who are determined to make a difference for modern human medicine.
As we continue to build the R&D team, we are seeking to appoint a Scientist to support activities in TCR Discovery. The role will require the precise application of a diverse range of laboratory-based skills, especially in molecular biology. As such, the successful candidate will have significant research experience and be highly motivated, enthusiastic with a positive “can do” attitude, hands-on, strong organizational skills, and able to work independently.
You will further strengthen our team by contributing to the development of Matterhorn Biosciences. You will form a key part of the TCR Discovery program, building the infrastructure to sequence and clone novel MR1-specific TCRs and help propel our company forward. Your role will be comprised of:
- Independent design and execution of experiments related to next-generation sequencing of primary human T cells, cloning and functional expression of candidate TCRs for screening
- Establishing systems for automation and increasing throughput for sequencing, cloning and testing candidate TCRs in functional assays
- Supervision and training of research associates
- Independent analysis and presentation of experimental results
- Supporting management for the preparation of slide decks
- Keeping abreast of relevant literature and providing regular updates to the wider team
As a member of our growing team, you will increasingly be expected to take responsibility for successful delivery on this core program, including project management, diligent documentation and presentation of results in internal and external meetings.
You have significant laboratory experience, along with a detailed understanding of the cutting-edge approaches used in a molecular and cellular immunology laboratory. Specifically, we are looking for candidates with the following:
- PhD, or university degree with 0-3 years of industry experience in a related field, or Master's degree with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in developing and applying next-generation sequencing in a related field
- In-depth knowledge of T cell biology and cancer immunotherapy
- Experience with transfection and/or transduction of primary immune cells
- Proficient at a range of molecular & cell biology techniques including but not limited to PCR, flow-cytometry, cell sorting, and ELISA
- Experience with automated high-throughput systems is a plus
- Know-how in experimental design and ability to work independently
- Able to work in a highly flexible environment
- Able to communicate with team members and cross-functional project teams
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written
WHAT WE CURRENTLY OFFER
- Offices: Our well-equipped laboratories and offices are located at the Tech Park Basel, a premier address for early-stage start-ups.
- Commuter Benefits: We support our employees tailored to their personal needs in commuting to work and offer parking facilities or a commuter contribution.
- Flexible Working: We support flexible working as appropriate.
- Christmas Closure: In addition to the 24 holidays per year, our offices/labs are closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Birthday Retreat: On top of that, your birthday is your personal holiday - our employees enjoy their birthday with a day off.
- Food: We like get-togethers during lunch time. Enjoy tasty, subsidised meals from our FELFEL food fridge.
- Coffee: Meet up with your colleagues and grab free coffee.
- Development: We support the individual development of our employees.
- German Lessons: For our international employees we support German lessons to speed up integration.
- Creativity: We offer an innovative and creative environment.
- People: We are an international and diverse team with talented and passionate people.
- Fun: From time-to-time we organise cool off-site summer and winter team events.
To apply, please send us this application form together with your CV and Cover Letter.