Matterhorn Biosciences is looking for a (Senior) Scientist, Viral Vector Production.
Matterhorn Biosciences is a preclinical stage biotechnology company pioneering the discovery and development of novel T cell therapy for cancer treatment. We are an exciting, motivated group of scientists who are determined to make a difference for modern human medicine.
As we continue to build the R&D team, we are seeking to appoint a highly motivated scientist to join our team as a (Senior) Scientist, Viral Vector Production, supporting our novel TCR discovery workflow and process development in house. The role will require the precise application of a diverse range of laboratory-based skills. As such, the successful candidate will have significant experience on viral vector construct design and viral vector production. The ideal candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic with a positive “can do” attitude, hands-on, strong organizational skills, able to work independently and enjoy fast-paced, collaborative, and vibrant start-up culture.
You will further strengthen our team by contributing to the development of Matterhorn Biosciences. Your role will be comprised of:
- Optimization of the viral vector backbone
- Clone various types of genes of interest for research teams into the viral vector backbone
- Viral Vector production, small scale (flasks) and medium scale (cell stacks)
- Optimization of the viral vector production process
- Oversight and management of plasmid and viral vector inventory
- Ensure sufficient stock of material and consumables are maintained to allow continuous viral vector production
- Lead and assist in research, product and process development for current and novel work which includes hands-on work
- Write, review, and approve R&D protocols, batch records, and reports in support of RD, process development
- Write SOPs, work instructions, test methods, and other product development and R&D documents
- Coordinate lab work with members of the process development team
- Analyze data, make figures for presentation, and present at group and company meetings
As a member of our growing team, you will increasingly be expected to take responsibility for the design and completion of experiments including careful documentation and presentation of results in internal and external meetings.
You have significant laboratory experience, along with a good understanding of the assays used in a molecular and cellular immunology laboratory. Specifically, we are looking for candidates with the following:
- Master’s or PhD degree in chemical/ biochemical engineering, biochemistry, biology or a related scientific discipline
- Master's with 3+ years or PhD with 1-2 years of relevant experience, preferably in biopharmaceutical or biotechnology industry
- Strong experience with viral vector design and production
- Mammalian cell culture and aseptic technique
- Experience in T cell immunology is preferred
- Experience with tech transfer and GMP manufacturing systems is a plus
- Know-how experimental design and ability to work independently
- Able to work in a highly flexible environment
- Able to communicate with team members and cross-functional project teams
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written
WHAT WE CURRENTLY OFFER
- Offices: Our well-equipped laboratories and offices are located at the Tech Park Basel, a premier address for early-stage start-ups.
- Commuter Benefits: We support our employees tailored to their personal needs in commuting to work and offer parking facilities or a commuter contribution.
- Flexible Working: We support flexible working as appropriate.
- Christmas Closure: In addition to the 24 holidays per year, our offices/labs are closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Birthday Retreat: On top of that, your birthday is your personal holiday - our employees enjoy their birthday with a day off.
- Food: We like get-togethers during lunch time. Enjoy tasty, subsidised meals from our FELFEL food fridge.
- Coffee: Meet up with your colleagues and grab free coffee.
- Development: We support the individual development of our employees.
- German Lessons: For our international employees we support German lessons to speed up integration.
- Creativity: We offer an innovative and creative environment.
- People: We are an international and diverse team with talented and passionate people.
- Fun: From time-to-time we organise cool off-site summer and winter team events.
To apply, please send us this application form together with your CV and Cover Letter.