Matterhorn Biosciences is looking for a (Senior) Director of Biochemistry / Metabolomics.
Matterhorn Biosciences is a recently established biotechnology company in Basel (Switzerland) pioneering the development of first-in-class T cell therapy for cancer treatment.
Matterhorn Biosciences proprietary technology is focused on targeting novel tumor-associated antigens, deploying MR1-restricted T cell receptors. Supported by Versant Ventures, Matterhorn is expanding the current team, formed by 25 highly experienced professionals, to accelerate the development of its innovative approach for cancer therapy.
This Basel-based position offers an exciting opportunity to take a leading role in the consolidation and progression of a growing and innovating company within an experienced, vibrant and agile environment.
The Director of Biochemistry/Metabolomics will be responsible for leading cellular metabolism studies and research activities based on mass spectrometry and computational analyses, and integrating them within other research and development functions, thus contributing to shape the company’s overarching scientific strategy. The candidate will report to the CSO of Matterhorn.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated and enthusiastic with a positive “can do” attitude, attention to details and innovation, strong organization and communication skills, and strategic mindset.
- Lead and build the Metabolomics Research Team of about 5 FTEs including scientists and associates
- Contribute to building an innovative metabolomics research platform for metabolite antigen discovery, metabolic signatures identification, and validation for patient’s selection and stratification
- Support adoptive T cell therapy of cancer, combining in-house capabilities with state-of-the-art external collaboration networks, including both commercial and academic partners
- Collaborate with the Immunology, Protein Engineering, Preclinical and CMC internal teams
- Assess and monitor the evolving technological landscape of Cancer Biomarkers
- In-depth knowledge and track record expertise in mammalian cell biochemistry and metabolomics
- 5+ years' experience within the academic or biotechnology/pharmaceutical sector in metabolomics and/or mass spectrometry areas
- Experience with metabolomics based on LC-MS, and computational analyses for data processing, mining and integration
- Proven experience in project leadership within the context of cross-functional matrix teams
- Experience in managing CROs and scientific collaborations
- Fluency in spoken and written English and strong communication skills enabling effective and productive interactions with a variety of different audiences including team members, cross-functional project teams, external collaborators and stakeholders
WHAT WE CURRENTLY OFFER
- Offices: Our well-equipped laboratories and offices are located at the Technologiepark, a premier address for early-stage start-ups in Basel.
- Commuter Benefits: We support our employees tailored to their personal needs in commuting to work and offer parking facilities or a commuter contribution.
- Flexible Working: We support flexible working as appropriate.
- Christmas Closure: In addition to the 24 holidays per year, our offices/labs are closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Birthday Retreat: On top of that, your birthday is your personal holiday - our employees enjoy their birthday with a day off.
- Food: We like get-togethers during lunch time. Enjoy tasty, subsidised meals from our FELFEL food fridge.
- Coffee: Meet up with your colleagues and grab free coffee.
- Development: We support the individual development of our employees.
- German Lessons: For our international employees we support German lessons to speed up integration.
- Creativity: We offer an innovative and creative environment.
- People: We are an international and diverse team with talented and passionate people.
- Fun: From time-to-time we organise cool off-site summer and winter team events.
To apply, please send us the application form together with your CV and Cover Letter.