Cimeio Therapeutics is looking for a (Senior) Research Associate, Cell Biology.
Cimeio Therapeutics is an applied gene editing, cellular, and immunotherapy company developing a portfolio of Shielded-Cell & Immunotherapy Pairs™ for patients with debilitating and life-threatening diseases. Cimeio’s proprietary technology platform is based on the discovery of novel protein variants, which when inserted into cells allow them to preserve function while resisting depletion by a precisely paired immunotherapy. This technology has significant therapeutic potential, which Cimeio is using to develop curative treatments for patients with genetic diseases, hematologic malignancies, and severe autoimmune disorders.
This position offers a tremendous opportunity to support our growing company in an experienced, vibrant, and agile biotech team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated (Senior) Research Associate to join our Cell Biology team. The candidate will focus on characterizing antibody-based immunotherapies and engineered proteins in a variety of in vitro assays.
- Cultivation and manipulation of primary cells (including HSPCs) and cell lines, involving maintenance of adherent and suspension cells, cell counting and transfection
- Flow cytometry analysis of cell lines and primary human immune cell subsets
- Cellular proliferation and signaling assessment using reporter cells, ELISAs, HTRF and viability read-outs
- Analysis of antibody-mediated functional activity using cell lines and primary immune cells, such as proliferation, cytokine release or immune cell activation
- Multicolor flow cytometry to identify, characterize and quantify targeted cellular subpopulations
- After the training period, independently design and perform experiments, analyze and present data at team meetings
- Maintain detailed and organized records of experimental protocols and results
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities, as required
- Apprenticeship in Pharma or Biotech and/or BSc and/or MSc in biological sciences or related field with at least 2 years’ professional experience in life sciences
- Proficiency with mammalian cell culture techniques, including isolation and handling of primary cell subsets, maintenance of adherent and suspension cell lines, transfection, cell counting, and standard cellular assays
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry, cell sorting, and FACS analysis software woulb be beneficial
- Previous work experience with hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Well-organized, motivated, team player
- Good English communication skills, both oral and written
WHAT WE CURRENTLY OFFER
- Offices: Our well-equipped laboratories and offices are located at the Tech Park Basel, a premier address for early-stage start-ups.
- Commuter Benefits: We support our employees tailored to their personal needs in commuting to work and offer parking facilities or a commuter contribution.
- Flexible Working: We support flexible working as appropriate.
- Christmas Closure: In addition to the 24 holidays per year, our offices/labs are closed between Christmas and New Year.
- Birthday Retreat: On top of that, your birthday is your personal holiday - our employees enjoy their birthday with a day off.
- Food: We like get-togethers during lunch time. Enjoy tasty, subsidised meals from our FELFEL food fridge.
- Coffee: Meet up with your colleagues and grab free coffee.
- Development: We support the individual development of our employees.
- German Lessons: For our international employees we support German lessons to speed up integration.
- Creativity: We offer an innovative and creative environment.
- People: We are an international and diverse team with talented and passionate people.
- Fun: From time-to-time we organise cool off-site summer and winter team events.
To apply, please send us this application form together with your CV and Cover Letter.